Teresa Mary Rose's Reviews > Revolution

Jul 19, 14

bookshelves: arc, blog-tour, ya, paranormal, 2012
Read from August 28 to 29, 2012

More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Revolution is a great end to a great series. When the book opened up with a lyric from one of my favorite bands, The Cab, I knew I was in for a great read and I was not wrong. Can you say one sitting book? Cause that is what this is, but I really shouldn't be surprised. It is near impossible to put down any of Shelly's books and this one was no exception.

Revolution starts off in the middle of action and that action does not let up throughout the course of the book. The poor bunker family never seems to get a break. Whenever things begin to look up something else always seems to go wrong. However they never give up hope and that is one of my favorite parts about this story. No matter how bad things get, this family always manages to keep their heads high and looking toward a brighter future.

Along with all the action comes a lot of sweet romance. Shelly is the Queen of Sweet Romances. Her couples are always adorable and strong without all the angst and drama you get with most couples. It amazes me how she balances action and world ending circumstances with a simple and sweet love story.

Revolution brings back all of the characters we have come to love over the course of the series and there really are a lot of them to love. They are all very different but all mesh together perfectly at the same time. Since there are so many of them I am only going to focus on my favorites. Obviously we have Merrick, and if you follow Shelly's blog you know that he is the voice for the first chapter, but is that the first or last time we see him? Well I'm not telling, read and find out for yourself. Next we have Sherry who has really grown over the four books. She is so strong, but in her own way. She is fierce and determined and always wants to do what is right. Then we have Cain who is my absolute favorite. I simply love his wit and sarcasm and oh yeah the lip ring, can't forget about that. Last but not least I have to mention the ever adorable Lily. It becomes very clear that this little girl is a very important piece of the Lighter-Keeper puzzle.

Like the last couple of books, Revolution switches perspectives throughout the course of the novel. I love getting inside so many different characters heads. We even get inside Lily's head at one point which was kind of fun. I just love the depth the novel gets by switching perspectives and the dynamic it creates.

All in all, Revolution is yet another great book from Shelly Crane. I have yet to dislike one of her books, actually I kind of love them all. So those of you who have been waiting for this book, well then your wait will be rewarded and those of you who have not started this series yet should get on that.

*I received a copy of this book as a part of the blog tour in exchange for a fair and honest review
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revolution.

08/29/2012 page 109 "I'm loving this!"