Howdy YAL 's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Meg Cabot

Jan 04, 2016

bookshelves: kick-ass-heroines, awesome, meg-cabot
Read from September 16 to 17, 2015

To see full review click here.

What I Remember:

I tore into this book on a Mediator binge read back when this book was released. I think it might’ve been the first time I’ve binge read a series. I rapidly tore through the pages wanting to read what was next. And the result it made me laugh, cry, and just have so many feels.

Upon Reread:

I am still getting the feels from this book roughly eleven years after the last one was published-God, I don’t like thinking that this book is that old.

It still holds up pretty well though. In some ways, it’s holds up better than a lot of Cabot’s older titles. I think it’s because rather than relying on a lot of pop culture references and jokes that other Cabot titles rely on, it really focuses on the story.

And the story is really aw-ing, although there are some plot holes that I noticed on reread. But I try not to think of them. Because we all know time travel is a very strange thing thanks to the Doctor, and it’s better to NOT try to make it logical.

Twilight ties up the series very nicely. So nicely in fact, that when I heard there was going to be a new book, I was a little nervous.

Because Twilight ends just perfectly.

That last chapter, every single time I read it I just tear up. It makes some one a little weary seeing how things are going to progress with these characters.

Especially since there was a point in time where Meg said that no one would want her to write a sequel, since bad things would happen to the characters.

Who knows though?

All I know is that Twilight is pretty much the perfect book. While I wouldn’t say it’s as action packed as Darkest Hour, there is a lot of action in it AND more importantly it’s a very emotional book. Things are nicely tied up in this installment and can’t help but make you cry with tears of happiness.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

09/16/2015 marked as: currently-reading
09/16/2015 page 51
16.0% "If work is as slow as it has been the past couple of days I'll probably knock this out by the end of tomorrow. It's my favorite one after Darkest Hour in the series."
09/17/2015 marked as: read