Sonia's Reviews > Turned

Turned by Morgan Rice

Apr 15, 12

Read on April 15, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I wish I could give this book less than one star!

This was a quick read, less than a hour, but I'll never get that hour back. Our "heroine" does nothing but complain and fall instantly in love. She is so dull her brother runs away before the book is half done!

Morgan Rice seems to have borrowed her favourite bits from every vampire legend or book ever. Her vampires come in good and evil flavour, but all drink blood, live forever, (but half-breeds are mortal and live normal length lives!)and have big, black bat wings.

I understand where the Twilight references are coming from, with the 3,000 year old vampire instantly falling in love with the annoying whiny teen angst girl.

The only character who seemed remotely interesting was Jonah, the viola playing teen boy trying to become a great musician to rise above his childhood and become great.

Everyone else was a cardboard cutout (missing dad, abusive mum, supportive brother, revolting teenage students, disinterested teachers, evil vampires who want to boil our "heroine" in holy water ... ho hum.

Not to mention the misuse of spelling and grammar (the bell "rung" so many times my head spun!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turned.