David Bernstein's Reviews > Dead Things

Dead Things by Matt Darst

Apr 22, 12

Read from April 15 to 22, 2012

I really enjoyed Dead Things, the narrative for one really stood out. It was different than most books I've read, and a good change for me, as i usually enjoy past tense books more. But it wasn't even the present tense that i enjoyed as it was the way in which the author wrote--his style. A lot of telling, instead of showing, but it really worked, which for most authors it doesn't.
It's clear the author loves certain topics and educating the reader, hence the long sections of off-the-main-story segments, like the Star Wars/Dune discussion. Enthusiasts will love it. The author did a TON and i mean a TON (unless he already new it all) of research for this book. There is no doubt you will learn something from this story, whether it's about a movie or a disease or how something works. Speaking of the story, it is a good one; I liked the subtle humor and the action, which was less than most zombie books.
Dead Things is totally worth a read whether you are a zombie fan, an apocalyptic fan, or just want a good old adventure story with interesting characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Things.