Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Blink Once

Blink Once by Cylin Busby

Apr 15, 2012

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from August 10 to 11, 2012

I think this book might just have hooked me after the first few pages. I loved the slight air of mystery it had right off the bat. Not knowing exactly what was going on or even who all the characters in the story where. It had almost a dark air to it.

It was slightly disarming in a really good way. It pulled me into the story and made me want to read more to find out all I could about West and the accident and about Olivia too.

I really liked that we didn't get all those details right in the beginning of the story, it made it feel like a really good present that you had to unwrap one layer at a time to get to the surprise inside.

And just when I thought I had things finally figured out, Busby would throw in another curve ball and completely unwind everything I had thought I had woven into a nice neat package.

This story kept me on my toes, constantly trying to figure it all out and left just wanting more.

West's journey through his whole ordeal was so done so well, the nightmares, comas, dreams, even the people he talked to (and didn't really talk to) all kept so mysterious and unbelievable yet completely believable at the same time. I loved the slight paranormal aspect as well.

This whole book was a masterpiece of twists and turns and dark corridors. Nightmares and dreams, visions, of truths and half truths, of reality and make believe and I absolutely loved every minute of it.

Anything that Busby happens to write in the future will be immediately purchased by me, I loved her writing that much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blink Once.

08/11/2012 page 160