Marissa Masterson's Reviews > Elephants of Africa

F 50x66
Apr 15, 2012

bookshelves: eced-221
Read in April, 2012

Elephants of Africa written by Gail Gibbons is an informational book. It is a book all about elephants. It educates the reader about their way of life, body, young, and how they eat. This book is very accurate on the topic. It is very informational and factual. The information is presented in a very organized way. Each topic about the elephants are titled at the top of the page and go in an order that makes sense. Each picture about their body are labeled. The format and design of this book is very appeasing to children. For starters, the cover of the book is very colorful and eye grabbing. The pages are filled with a lot of colorful pictures that are detailed. Fun interesting fonts are used as well. The authors writing style is very clear. A reader can tell the author is educated on this topic. She seems to be enthused about elephants through her writing style. She is very detailed and one thing I really enjoyed was how she defined words that children may not know at the tops of the pages. It is easier for students to understand the word if they see it in context and see the definition at the top of the page rather than flipping to the end of the book to a glossary. I really liked this book a great deal! It was a fun yet informational read. It kept my attention by educating me on fun facts that I never knew about elephants before I read this book. I would really enjoy using the book one day when teaching my students about animals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elephants of Africa.