Jazzmarie Vedrine's Reviews > Blueberries for Sal

Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey

I remember this book and also remember the length of this story. Yes, this book is very long but after reading it, I think it young children can sit through this story with ease because they would want to find out if anything will happen to Little Sal and if Little Bear will find his mother. It is an enjoyable book about a mother and her little girl doing something together and teaching her daughter the importance of natural resources feeding their needs, in their home. Who would have thought that going picking for blueberries would entail such an adventure but the author of this book did and did a wonderful job telling the story.

CREATIVE EXPERIENCE:
I would bring some pictures of animals with their young and focus the lesson on teaching about the names of animals and the names of the their young. Also, teach on what each animal feeds their young. I would include in the picture sets, the children and their mothers and ask the children what their mother feeds them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blueberries for Sal.