Kevin's Reviews > Soon I Will Be Invincible

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

Apr 15, 12

Read from April 14 to 15, 2012

When I first finished the book I was ready to give it four stars; now it's down to three. I guess my overall enthusiasm has waned, just as it does in the hours after an enjoyable summer blockbuster movie. What I just read was a lot of fun and got me high and now it's worn off.

But hey! I enjoyed it. The part about the funeral and how it was related to us (the readers) as if it were a high school reunion with all those same familiar faces and the "Oh what has he been up to? What happened to her?" and "I can't believe that they ever ..." was kind of touching.

So yes. Fast! Fun! Enjoyable and recommended to anyone that is not Jon Morris, because I fear that having a fantastically deep understanding of comic books may leave this novel feeling even fluffier and insignificant - but all but one of you are not Jon Morris, so that's just fine. Go grab a copy, spend a night or two reading it, and then in a few years say, "I'm pretty sure I read that one!" as it fades from your mind like the plot of whatever it was we watched at the cineplex three years ago.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soon I Will Be Invincible.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bracken I love this book so much.