LindyLouMac's Reviews > Construct A Couple

Construct A Couple by Talli Roland

Nov 13, 12

bookshelves: kindle
Read in August, 2012

This is the fourth novel by Talli Roland that I have read and reviewed. I am probably somewhat older than her targeted market, but if you consider yourself young at heart, then like me you may well have read her earlier novels. I find she writes well and that I enjoy her novels, despite the fact that I doubt I would ever have picked them up originally. However invited to review her past work I was pleased to do so as sometimes it is good to step outside our comfort zone. You will see from my previous reviews of her earlier books, that I have come to rely on her novels to provide me with a laugh and my high ratings of her novels are worth it for this factor alone.

I ended my review of Build a Man by commenting that it had been a light and entertaining read with characters I was looking forward to hearing more about which apparently would start with the future looking much brighter for Serenity Holland.
It did, it is a year later when the sequel starts and Serenity is just about to start a new job with a magazine, another step towards her dream of becoming a successful journalist. Her boyfriend Jeremy still recovering from a stroke is working far too hard in his own charitable business. Serenity thinks that moving from America to London has all worked out perfectly for her, but is their relationship strong enough to survive the fact that they are hiding secrets from each other. Never a good idea, lack of communication with your partner can lead to disastrous consequences, as you will discover if you read this.

Unfortunately I guessed what has happening in two out of three situations, maybe I am just getting too cynical in my old age, but they were rather obvious. Despite that minor gripe it was still a few hours entertainment from a talented young lady who has a delightful writing style and a knack of creating some great characters. Wait till you meet Gregor! If this appeals to you do make sure to read Build a Man first so that you get to know the protagonists, as it will be easier to follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Construct A Couple.