Kelly Hashway's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by Ednah Walters

Jul 08, 12

Read from June 10 to 24, 2012

I've read some really great books this year, but Betrayed is my new favorite. It has everything--a powerful female MC, a hot romance that has to surpass some serious odds, mystery, and great action scenes. I swooned over the steamy scenes between Lil and Bran. Those two are so hot, and I found myself marking passages left and right, each more steamy than the last.

And the story line is phenomenal. There are twists and turns to keep you guessing and great fight scenes that make the pages turn so quickly. Yet despite the quick pace of the story, I took my time with this one, rereading passages simply because they were that good. Lil's relationship with her father, who happens to be quite evil, preys on the reader's emotions. You want Lil to hate him, yet you can't deny her curiosity to learn more about the father she doesn't really know. And Lil is trying to balance her life among humans and Nephilim, which is more than a little difficult, especially when she accidentally uses her powers in front of her human best friend and completely freaks her out.

There's so much I could rave about with this story, but I don't want to spoil anything, so go read it.
Betrayed has made my list of all time favorite books. I'll be reading this one over and over again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.