Patricia Kemp Blackmon's Reviews > Twice a Bride

Twice a Bride by Mona Hodgson

Nov 26, 2012

bookshelves: blogging-for-books-review, christian-fiction
Read from November 08 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy

In Book 4 of the Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek series the young widow Willow Peterson knows what she wants to do with her life and that is to be an artist and sell her paintings in order to support herself. Her mother doesn't seems to think being an artist as a career is practical and that she should work at the families Ice Company.

Willow notices an add in the local paper by a photographer, Trent Van Der Veer that just opened a shop in town. He is needing artist to paint portraits from the photographs he has taken. She can't believe her luck. This is just the opportunity she has been hoping for her future as an artist.

Trent receives several answers to his add and notices one applicant, Willow Peterson lives in Cripple Creek and decide to ask her to come in for an interview and bring an example of her work. He is very impressed but not sure about hiring a woman. But he decides to give her chance at the job. Trent finds he is attracted to Willow but he is under the impression she is married. Just so happens Willow seems to be attracted to Trent.

Evidently Willow and Trent are not the only couple in town that has caught the love bug and that is none other than Miss Hattie. Miss Hattie has fallen for a new comer to Cripple Creek and it surprises not only herself but the Sinclair Sisters are ecstatic over this possible match.

Will there be another wedding or two in Cripple Creek. Or will the two women prefer to continue there life as widows?

The author managed to write another heartwarming story of family ties, new babies and reconciliation with our Lord Jesus Christ. She shows the reader that if a person would ask God into their hearts and pray asking Him to heal their suffering heart He will fill them with Peace living their lives fuller in Him.

I love all the characters she has created in this series. I enjoyed reading about their trials and tribulations as the Sinclair family grew in numbers and most importantly Spiritually.

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Press/Blogging for Books for review. I was in no way compensated for this review. It is my own opinion.

If you found this review helpful vote yes or no here.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice a Bride.

11/15/2012 page 171