Snoozie Suzie's Reviews > It Rains in February: A Wife's Memoir of Love and Loss

It Rains in February by Leila Summers

Aug 31, 2012

bookshelves: non-fiction, around-the-world-challenge, reviewed, read-2012
Read from May 02 to 08, 2012

This book annoyed, frustrated, and touched a chord with me in that I have undergone both the husband and wife's feelings and situations (the wife only to a certain degree as I have not had to deal with a loved one committing suicide).

I read this as part of a group read on GR and i felt and understanding for both the book, and myself in that I could see me in it.

I probably wouldn't have read this book if it hadn't been a group read as I would have thought it would have made me feel odd - in that I am odd that I too have felt like this. But it didn't.

As I say I got annoyed at this book, but perhaps this shows that it was well written that it gets under your skin. Although it is probably because the husband is selfish, blinkered and unfeeling toward his wife.

If someone you know suffers from depression, or indeed if you do, this book will help you understand.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Rains in February.