Angie's Reviews > The Cottage At Glass Beach

The Cottage At Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri

May 28, 12

bookshelves: first-reads-giveaways
Read from May 15 to 28, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I received the advanced copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. This book had mystical elements in it which I like. I am a fan of Alice Hoffman books which are similar to this one. Although, the author doesn't quite establish enough of the magic to make it believable. The island setting was beautiful and it was a relaxing read. I would love to live on this island. I think the author gave a very realistic view of the tragedy of a divorced family. My favorite character was Aunt Maire. She really should have been the focus of the book. I was left with a feeling that I didn't quite understand why the characters did what they did, and who they really were. I had trouble imagining the post story of what would happen next. I didn't understand the resolution of the conflict with her mother's secret. This book purposely left things unsaid and unfinished to make the reader fill in the blanks but didn't feel finished or satisfying at the end. I would recommend this book if you're a woman, who wants a nice, relaxing, escape to an island book, for a beach read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cottage At Glass Beach.

05/21/2012 page 182