Matthew's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Apr 15, 12

Read in April, 2012

**Spoilers Below**

I have never wanted to like a book so much and to be only so disappointed.

First of all, I found myself becoming very angry at the Burpo parents for not taking care of their child. It almost seemed as if they didn't want to do anything that was inconvenient to themselves even if it was to make Colton better. I believe they screwed up multiple times and as a result endangered their child's life even when they thought "death" was at their door. No less than two of their friends suggested that they take him to emergency rooms.

Second, I began to think of Burpo as a royal complainer. There seemed to be a lot of "why me" moments in this book. Burpo frequently lists his ailments and the bad things that has happened to him.

These two things made it almost impossible for me to enjoy the other aspects of the book. I will leave the thoughts on Colton's experience with Heaven up to the individual readers. I just suggest that one keep in mind that this book is in no way scriptural.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.