Kristy Marie's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, could-it-be-anymore-perfect
Read on April 15, 2012

Significantly better than the first book, in my opinion. Review to come.

My Thoughts: AMAZING.

It is a rare thing, to find a sequel that is better than the first book. With my disappointment in Across the Universe, I was hesitant to continue reading the series. But I read A Million Suns in 4 HOURS, STRAIGHT. The book was incredible. INCREDIBLE.

Every single thing that bugged me in Across the Universe was resolved in the sequel. The chapters continue to alternate between Amy and Elder's minds and that was, once again, done superbly. OH and their relationship! Thank you Ms. Revis! They actually touched on the fact that the only reason they were attracted to each other was because they were the only two teens on the ship. Amy was hesitant about her feelings towards Elder, because of that fact. But then when she finally realizes there may be some actual true feelings for him... BOOM! I loved their relationship in this book! It was sweet, it was timid and it was everything that had been missing in Across the Universe. Elder is so in love with Amy and apologizes for everything that he thinks might upset her, which is super cute. He really grew in this book, as he is now technically Eldest, the leader of the ship. Without the Phydus controlling everyone, he has to learn how to keep the ship from rebelling. He is so young and disrespected by so many on the ship and I really loved the way he learned through his mistakes. This book has made a spot for Elder on my list of Swoon Worthy Guys. ;)

There was also another mystery in the plot, that involved Orion leaving clues for Amy. Once again, I am so impressed by how much this book improved the series. It was a complete surprise to me at the ending about who was tampering with the clues! I didn't see it coming, at all. Wow. Just.... Wow. The murders, the clues, the riots. Fantastic. There was a huge secret that was discovered and I am so excited to see where that takes the characters in the next book. I can't wait for Shades of Earth... January 10th, COME QUICKLY!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.