Ashley's Reviews > Tempting Danger

Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

F 50x66
Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: shifters-werewolves-lupi-oh-my

This book was a big fat surprise for me. The writing is rather lovely and I absolutely adored the lupi, especially Benedict and Cullen (woo Benedict, I'd love to be your Chosen any day).

I love Eileen Wilks' voice. Her attention and care with her characters really shines.

The world building was pretty awesome, unique in a way I didn't expect from a book about, essentially, werewolves (but the politically correct term is lupus).

My only issue was Lily. I love that she's a strong female character, I love her familial connections (especially Grandmother) but she is so stubborn about denying things she can't explain, particularly with the mate-bond with Rule and the lupi goddess. Normally this wouldn't frustrate me but Lily is a Sensitive (someone who can sense magic or lupus blood in people) so she knows that supposedly inexplicable things exist.

I give this book a 4 because I really like it but it fell short of love. I can tell you that the second book is even better and now I'm hooked on the series so Eileen Wilks is definitely worth looking into for urban fantasy lovers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Danger.