Kelley's Reviews > Myth Man

May 03, 12

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads
Read from April 29 to May 03, 2012

I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed the mystery/crime story of the Myth Man and Presto's struggle to figure out who he was. I thought that the idea was original and interesting. I thought the twists and surprises were great. What I did not enjoy about this book was the way that the main character, Dominic Presto, was portrayed. He was written as an overweight detective and his weight was made fun of throughout the book, not only by other characters but also by the author. I felt that so many scenes in the novel were offensive because of the way that Presto was portrayed. The other issue I had was the MANY grammatical/word usage errors. I realize that I'm an English teacher and the errors may get my attention when they wouldn't be noticed by others, however; many of these were just ridiculous! I felt like I was reading a kid's essay where he had used spell check but didn't proofread his work. I realize that this isn't totally the author's fault. Where was the editor of this book?????

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Myth Man.