Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Dark Heirloom

Dark Heirloom by J.D.  Brown

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read on April 14, 2012

Dark Heirloom is your standard Vampire book. Now I should preface this with the statement that I really enjoy vampire books. The only reason I said this one is standard is because it stays pretty close to the typical vampire lores. Now I did really like the explanation of the different clans and the description of the evolution of the creatures. I especially enjoyed learning about the various powers and abilities the vampire clans have.

Ema is a very strong willed character. I liked her a lot. But one of the main problems I had with this story was that I didn't connect very deeply with Ema. She had her moments where I felt like there was real development and that she was planting roots with the readers, but for the most part she seemed kind of stagnant to me.

I like Jesu the most. He is adorable and so cute. I loved that he turned blue when he blushed! I wanted to learn more about him but he is so closed off that we didn't get to see too much of his insight. I would have loved to see a little bit more of his feelings for Ema and some of his emotions. Maybe there will be more of that in the second book. I am going to be reading the second book more for Jesu than for Ema.

Overall, Dark Heirloom was a good book. It didn't blow me out of the water, but it did hold my interest and the writing was good. I didn't particularly like the ending. I felt like it kind of just cut off. But not in a huge build up kind of way, it just stopped. I would certainly continue the series because I am really interested to see what is going to happen next. Mostly for Jesu. If you like Vampire books, Dark Heirloon might be a good one for you to check out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Heirloom.