FicTalk Blog's Reviews > Rippler

Rippler by Cidney Swanson

Apr 14, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed-in-2012

Reviewed by Heather

Samantha has had a problem since her mom died. For some reason, she can turn invisible. She can’t control when it happens or where and the problem is only getting worse.

When Sam’s friend, Will, witnesses one of her periods of invisibility she wonders how she will explain it to him. But she doesn’t have to. Will already knows of the ability and even has a name for it… Sam is a rippler. Sam later finds out that Will is also a Rippler.

Together, with Will’s sister, the two discover that someone is killing off people with the Rippler gene. Throughout the book, there are small entries to a journal. We later find out that they are experiments performed all people with the Rippler gene.

When Sam finds out a secret from her past, she is forced to choose between staying with Will, whom she’s fallen in love with, or keeping him safe.

I have to say, I loved this book from the moment I picked it up. It was engaging right away. The cover art is beautiful and it was what made me choose to pick this book up. Swanson did a wonderful job in creating these characters and the world that they live in.

While this book was written with a young adult audience in mind, I felt that it has enough to keep any reader interested. It has a bit of mystery, some romance and even some history.

I was very excited to find that there were two more books in the series and look forward to reading them right away. I’m sure that once you give Rippler a shot, you’ll feel the same way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rippler.