Kelly_Instalove's Reviews > Her Magic Touch

Her Magic Touch by Sable Hunter

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: era-contemporary, genre-erotica, genre-romance, theme-cowboys-western, wtf-ugh-blah-ick-stfu
Read from April 14 to 19, 2012

Full disclosure: I laughed my way through Book 1 in this series. Book 2 left me nauseous and seriously PO'd. So I'm not exactly an objective critic at this point.

WARNING: This review contains a LOT of naughty words.

*******

Status Updates: Read With Me Vicariously

Status: 35% (Sunday, April 15):

Oh holy crap, I was NOT expecting a paranormal. So far I’ve literally had to put this down and walk away three times.

My Kindle notes consist of numerous “WTF???”s and “Huh???”s, several “OMG”s and “GAH!!!”s, countless “asshole!”s and “dickhead!”s and two or three “dumbass!”s.

It’s great fun, if you have a high pain threshold.

Status: 65% (Wednesday, April 18)

Still struggling to finish this unholy mess.

Instead of a Magical Orgasm Cure, we get a (view spoiler). This occurred much earlier than expected, so I guess the last third of the book will be locating the Random Villain via psychic readings. The suspense is killing me.

Status: 85% (Thursday, April 19)

I completely and unequivocally revoke my previous comment about this book being great fun. It wasn’t the suspense that was killing me.

Apparently there’s no end to the Epic Assholery – it’s RELENTLESS. I honestly have no clue how ANY woman could find this “hero” anything other than a complete and total DICKHEAD. I need a shortcut key on my Kindle for easier “ASSHOLE!” notations.

And the so-called “heroine” is just as bad. A Voodoo Priestess SHOULD NOT BE A DOORMAT. I mean, really – use your fucking MAGICK already and hit him with a stunning spell or something and put the rest of us out of our misery.

I don’t want either one of them to have an HEA. I want him to fall off one of the stupid cliffs he climbs and I want her to crawl back under her grandmother’s cauldron and I want them to NEVER EVER see each other or talk to anyone else EVER AGAIN.

The Random Villain has completely disappeared – but at least he POISONED THE WATERHOLE before he left, so maybe we’ll get lucky and Tebow Ranch will be like Chernobyl and the Homeland Fuckwadery Police will cordon it off for the next 500 years.

*******

I had to put my Kindle down for several days at that point. I have *never* stopped reading at 85%. Ever.

I had to call on my Inner Goddess for the strength to continue, but I managed to force myself to finish it so I could write a review for DearAuthor.com. That review is subtitled:

Continuing Adventures In Epic Assholery And Virgin Sacrifice: A Misogyny Manifesto

In addition to the author's atrocious contempt for women, we also get ridiculous character inconsistencies, eye-rolling “coincidences,” inane detail AND a whole muddle of unnecessary and possibly offensive paranormal nonsense.

And all that distracted me from the Bad Sex, which just sucked all the fun right of out this, making it the Absolute Worst Book I have ever read.

Read the full review at DearAuthor.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Magic Touch.

04/15/2012
35.0% "Oh holy crap, I was NOT expecting a paranormal. So far I've literally had to put this down and walk away three times. My Kindle notes consist of numerous "WTF"s and "Huh???"s, several "OMG"s and "ugh"s, countless "asshole!"s and "dickhead!"s and two or three "dumbass!"s."
04/17/2012
65.0% "Still struggling to finish this installment of Adventures in Epic Assholery and Virgin Sacrifice. The Magical Orgasm Cure came much earlier than expected, leaving the last third of the book for solving random villainry via psychic readings."
04/19/2012
85.0% "Apparently there's no end to the Epic Assholery - it's just RELENTLESS. I honestly have no clue how ANY woman could find this "hero" anything other than a complete and total dickhead. Maybe someone who's given this god-awful mess five stars can explain why behavior like this - the asshole hero's OR the doormat heroine's - should be rewarded with an HEA."

Alexa That's some dedication - I only made it to page 6.

Maria Diaz Gosh, I totally agree. How about the time he tells her only a blind man could love her and then says, "Oh, I was only jealous." and she eats it up? Argh! I wanted Cady to put a hex on him so he'd never be able to get it up and walk away. Besides, I find it utterly ridiculous that a young average woman can't get someone to kiss her. The entire book is very "look-ist" and demeaning to people who aren't model perfect.