Shxrxn's Reviews > Until There Was You

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Apr 16, 12

Read in April, 2012

The first man she’d ever loved, and the only man who’d ever broken her heart.
- Posey
Posey’s mind blipped into the blue screen of death—all data erased. Fatal error. Speaking was clearly not an option.
- Posey
Try not to be an idiot this time around.
- Posey
She’d loved him with all the fervor a teenage girl could love a boy, would’ve gone to the ends of the world for him. But without so much as a backward glance, he broke her heart in one stunning blow.
- Posey
ell. Memories and all that.
- Posey
Because I don’t wear skirts and high heels? Does that mean I don’t want a normal relationship somehow?
- Posey
God grant me the courage to date the men who aren’t idiots, the serenity to accept the fact that many men are idiots, and the wisdom to know the difference.
- Posey
The message was received. Just not wanted.
- Liam
No point in repeating past mistakes.
- Cordelia
if you’re looking for love, there’s always the mirror.
- Cordelia
Someday, these feelings of rejection (there was no other word for it)…they’d be gone. This phase, this…ache would slowly lift off her heart. It was just that lying in bed this morning at 2:47, surely the loneliest moment God ever invented, she couldn’t help the tears that leaked out of her eyes and slid into her ears.
- Cordelia
Not everything was worth holding on to.
- Cordelia
It was okay, Posey thought. That empty spot in her heart would fill in. She’d get over Liam Murphy. She would.
- Cordelia
I know you feel something for me, and I love you, and I’ve never felt this way about anyone, ever. I want to be with you. I want you to pick me. I know Emma will always be your first love, and that’s fine. But don’t just…don’t just let me go.
- Cordelia
Funny, how huge that moment had been at the time. Funny, too, how it was now just one of those things.
- Cordelia
Good times never seemed so good.
- Cordelia
I seem to be in love with you.
- Liam

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until There Was You.