Lucy Bilik's Reviews > The Lady of the Rivers

The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, historical, fiction, part-of-series
Read from August 09 to 16, 2012

Although I have enjoyed reading it, I did not like the fact that author wrote this book out of chronological order. I believe this one should have been first and then Red & White Queens. I would have loved to read the background on Elizabeth Woodville before I read the first two book in series. It look as if Gregory needs to fill in the series and therefore is going about finding good suitable subjects in the same timeline of 14-16th centuries. As I started to read it I wanted to reread other book in series and after I finished it was impossible not to go back and look up certain details in other books to see how it all fits in a timeline. Books in series typically are written IN Chronological order and not haphazard in order not to confuse the reader and this is exactly what author did with this book. It was a choppy writing and some facts do contradict throughout the story. After this book I am not sure if I am willing to delve into her last book in series, since it will also take a different timeline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady of the Rivers.