Michelle's Reviews > Flawless

May 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, young-adult
Read from May 14 to 18, 2012

Really...2.5 stars or even 2 stars. Don't do it...don't start it. Once you do, you will want to know who A is/how it is going to end. And it's sort of addicting. The writing...meh. Not so great. I still can't believe I'm reading this stuff!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flawless.

message 1: by Jami (new)

Jami I know exactly what you mean! That's how all of Shepard's books work. I didn't really enjoy any of them, looking back, but if you read the first one, you're kind of addicted and roped into reading all four. Because believe me, you're not going to find out who A is until the very last book. After the second one, I was ready to be done with them.

I just did the same thing with another one of her series. Why?? After I read the 2nd book, I decided, hey, I don't really like her style of writing. And I realized I didn't care enough about the "mystery" to read the last two.

Michelle I know. I'm going to finish this series and that's it. No more. By the way... I was reading her little bio blurb in the back if the book and saw that she's got the MFA in creative writing! And then I thought of our conversation! Ha... If we she can do it, so can we!

message 3: by Jami (new)

Jami Funny! I was thinking about that yesterday when I read this review by Tatiana (I can't remember which book now) about a book she had given up on. She mentioned that the writing sounded like someone with an MFA in creative writing, but there wasn't much to the actual plot (or something to that effect). It made me laugh after what we talked about.

Michelle I read that review too! Ha...maybe they (that author and Shepard) could collaborate...since Shepard at least has some sense of plot, tension and climax!