Princess Bookie's Reviews > The Summer My Life Began

The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: a-net-g, read2012
Read on April 30, 2012

My Thoughts: Em has her whole life planned out. Going in the fall to study law at Harvard and interning at her father's law firm this summer. She lives with her mother, father, and little sister. But her real dream is cooking!

When Em gets a letter from her aunt Tilly inviting her to come stay the summer at Pepper House. After she talks her parents into it, she’s on her way. The catch; nobody has had any contact with Tilly for years. Em didn’t even know she had an aunt Tilly.

She arrives and instead of Tilly picking her up, a young man named Cade shows up. She’s taken back to Pepper House where she meets the staff, her cousin Frederick, and a lot of other characters.

Gosh, that chemistry between Cade and Em. Oh boy. He and Em really supported each other and were there for one another. Their relationship was so sweet and I enjoyed every minute of it.

There were a lot of twists and turns in this novel. I didn’t see them coming. And Aunt Tilly, who she is, wow.

I also liked Em’s relationship with her sister. It reminded me how great it can be to have siblings.

All the people at Pepper House were like family. They all got each other.

The Summer My Life Began was a pretty cool novel. It’s the perfect summer read. I really enjoyed it a lot. At times it did feel like it was taking a while to get through, but the last 50 pages I strolled through them, and all of a sudden, I was done with the novel and had no more pages to turn! I hadn’t even noticed until I hit the last page!

Overall: I really liked this one a bunch. Not my favorite of the year so far but still a good read, especially on a hot summer day. Take this one to the beach or swimming pool with you.

Cover: Like how she’s on a bike in her swimsuit! Fits the book!

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
__________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer My Life Began.