Missy LaRae's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Mayandree Michel

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: dnf

I didn't finish this book. I couldn't. It was so poorly edited I couldn't get past the completely atrocious spelling and grammar mistakes. This book could use some SERIOUS professional editing.

The concept of the story was a good one, but the characters, even 90 pages into it I could care less about. There's no way I would spend any more of my time reading this book. The first page had me hooked, seemed really good, but I got lost and found myself just trying to skip over useless paragraphs just to see if something would happen.

The main character isn't likable, and she's annoyingly pathetic, with not even a hint of any real emotion other than when she's with her love interest, who panders to her and kisses her butt the way I would expect the "second" most powerful being in their world to be.

This novel could be fantastic if it was edited properly and more effort was taken in character development. At this time I do not recommend it to anyone.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.

04/14/2012
3.0% "I love when a book starts out making you want to read more. Well written and interesting opening."
04/14/2012
3.0% "Page 89. I'm not sure if this book is self edited or went through the editing process. I just find the dialogue, and the info dump to be....unorganized."