Melanie's Reviews > The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza

The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza by Steven Stickler

Apr 14, 12

Read in April, 2012

I received a copy of The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza in exchange for a review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and find myself itching to recommend it to people from the ages of 8 to 78. The fact that it is a kid's book means nothing to me because it is well written and enjoyable. E-N-J-O-Y-A-B-L-E. As an adult, I do have some issues with the storyline, the villainous characters, and some of the time traveling aspects. However, if you look at this story for what it is, a book written for kids, then you will find that it is a typical topic written in an original way. Puzzles, mysteries, and a little history lessons around each turn. *wink*

Auggie Spinoza is no ordinary kid but lives quite the ordinary life until right before his tenth birthday. When a strange and mysterious hole appears in his living room curtain, Auggie is determined to figure out why it is so special and why he is drawn to it. When the hole is finally large enough for Auggie to step through, he finds himself in a world that is not his own. There he meets his "partner in crime", Emily. Together they meet important men in history, escape villains, and solving puzzles to help save the world as they know it.

Each character they meet seems to know who Auggie and Emily are in some way, whether it is instinct or just the fact they are wearing clothes that don't suit the time. It always seems really easy for these kids to gain the trust of several famous minds in history. Darwin, Jefferson, and Plato each have their own key and riddles to add to the story. Both Auggie and Emily are smart kids and both seem to be prepared for these adventures in their own way.

I don't want to share any more of the story because I think you should buy your own copy and meet Auggie for yourself!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza.