SheLove2Read's Reviews > The Renegade's Woman

Apr 14, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: 2012
Read on April 15, 2012

Everyone at some point reads a book that is mind bogglingly awesome. THIS ISN'T IT.
In fact, this is mind bogglingly bad. Truly entertaining only in that it made me laugh - during the love scenes - which I'm sure the author didn't intend.

Sally is a young, virginal woman who is traveling on the wagon train west for a better life. Along the way she encounters the spectacularly arrogant Arapaho hero. He sees her bathing naked and decides he wants her, so he approaches. Sally is repulsed by him yet indescribably turned on. What happens next will be forever burned into my brain. During the crucial moment, our hero blurts out this awe inspiring bit of purple prose:
"Come with me," he urged, his voice rough with passion. "HEAR THE THUNDER!"

O.O

It didn't get much better. The heroine, again VIRGINAL up until the previous incident, becomes the slut of the wagon train. She saves herself only for her Arapaho hero but has such thoughts as "slaking her thirsty lust" and being a "wicked, wicked woman." At one point, she even "held onto him like a sailor clinging to his capsized vessel."
I think my favorite though was one of the final showdowns with said hero where she throws him this gem:

"I won't let you tempt me with your gorgeous body and your wicked hands. It's wrong and I won't let myself want you."

I hope if Ms Black reads this she will take it in the spirit it is meant: you truly entertained me, even if it wasn't the way you intended to. 1.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Renegade's Woman.

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful Can't wait to use that line on my husband.

SheLove2Read Which one? LMAO!

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Leighton Haha...this was one of my first erotic books I read, lol, but it was awhile ago. The hear the thunder thing does sound hilarious...I don't remember that. *giggles*

message 4: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Passick Lumsden No way. No. Way. Did he really say that?! I'm so telling my brother about this and we are going to start screaming it at everyone. Every.one.

Thank you for this!