Alicia's Reviews > The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy

The Girl Who Was on Fire by Leah Wilson

Apr 14, 12

Read in April, 2012

When I first entered to win this book through Goodreads First Reads, I asked myself why I would want to read a book full of essays (even if they are about The Hunger Games). I mean, that's got to be boring, right? Wrong. Right from the first page, I was hooked. It wasn't just the fact that I loved the subject matter (of course, I'm a huge fan of The Hunger Games), it was also the various author's unique viewpoints and fun writing. I caught myself laughing out loud and looking like a complete idiot more than a few times. I do have make a certain point though. I hated the last book in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay. In Mockingjay I thought Katniss's character became flat and dull and that the storyline became overly morbid. HOWEVER, The Girl Who Was on Fire (Movie Edition) (and all the authors who wrote in it) made me love Mockingjay again. They provided insight into Katniss's character that made me realize how wrong I had been when I thought her character flat. The Girl Who Was on Fire (Movie Edition: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Series provided me with essays on everything from why the Hunger Games became so popular to an essay on the science behind the muttations in the series. The essay authors were absolutely intriguing, and their writing was simply brilliant. I recommend this book to ANY fan of the Hunger Games series, and especially to those who felt disappointed with Mockingjay. The Girl Who Was on Fire (Movie Edition) will leave you satisfied and with a renewed love of the series for which it was written.

P.S. To any Goodreads personnel that happen to be reading this review: I throughly loved receiving this book for free through Goodreads First Reads, and, if I am chosen to receive any more, I promise to always write a prompt review. Thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Was on Fire.