Cindy's Reviews > The Mysterious Benedict Society

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

2058617
Apr 14, 12

Finally! A new-to-me book that is engaging and clever! I had heard of this series from a couple of students, and took the plunge over spring break. Reynard (Reynie) Muldoon, a highly intelligent, socially inept orphan, answers an intriguing ad for bright children who are looking for a challenge. He gets much more than he bargains for, including a mysterious, brilliant mentor and actual FRIENDS who compliment his extensive powers of reasoning with their equally impressive talents! They are sent on a mission that tests both their brainpower and their bravery! I like that the book asks the reader to test his/her 'smarts' along with the challenges faced by our main characters. I like logic puzzles and trying to figure out seemingly random clues, and this book gave me the chance to exercise my brain! An added bonus, in my public-educator mind, is that I feel this book will be enjoyable to both male and female readers, which seems to be an increasingly difficult thing for a young adult story to do! I'm ready to tackle the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysterious Benedict Society.