Jessica Starr's Reviews > College Girl

College Girl by Patricia Weitz

Apr 14, 12

** spoiler alert ** I thought I was going to like it at first, the main character seemed a lot like me and we were the same age. I really wanted to go to college at that time too, so the description of the book pulled me in. This book takes place around the time my mom was young and in Connecticut, that's also where my mom grew up, so it reminded me a lot of my mom. But that was a really sucky time, especially if you lived in CT. Family life sucked, especially with WASPS (White Anglo Saxton protestants). The Girl in this book, Natalie, got all the suckiness. She was the kind of person that went to the library instead of going to college parties on weekends. So one weekend she was in the library and she met this guy named Patrick. She falls for him and thinks he is perfect. I thought things were ok at first but they went downhill really fast. He likes her at first but then he starts to get distant. After she loses her virginity to him, all they do is have sex (she don't want that though), this is the part where I stopped reading, it was way too depressing, so I skipped over the depressing parts and Natalie and Patrick break up because Natalie finally blows-up at Patrick (with good reason). So then awhile later they see each other again and Patrick tells Natalie why he acted the way he did (he is still a jerk in my opinion). So yeah, I thought I was going to like it but it ending up being REALLY depressing and I couldn't even read everything. There's lot's of parties and stuff. I just really stared disliking this book. One review said it's an honest look at college life and I thought I hope that's not true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read College Girl.