Trisha W.'s Reviews > First Date

First Date by Krista McGee

Apr 14, 2012

bookshelves: read2012
Read from April 14 to 15, 2012

I enjoyed this book. I found the main characters laid back and it just made the book a fun read. I also like the humor that each character had in the book, smiling through a book always makes the pages turn faster.

As soon as I read the description for the book I knew that I had to read it. I am a sucker for anything that has to do with tv shows, blind dates or a popular person dating or meeting a not so popular person.

I really enjoyed the character of Addy. Towards the end I was a bit taken back on how much God was mentioned in the book. But after going back and reading the description of the book I should have realized that religion would be mentioned. Not that I minded it, I myself am a Christian but I normally steer away from books with a lot of religion. Most I read try to make you believe in God or want you to go by their religion but that wasn't the case with this book and after I read more of it the religion wasn't a big deal to read. It was a big deal to Addy though, and it was nice to read about a girl who honored her religion no matter what other's thought.

The friendship between Kara and Addy was a joy to read as well. Such a true friend and it would be nice if children now-a-days had a friend like that to turn to. I also liked the relationship between Jonathan and Addy. He knew that Addy was true, that she wasn't putting on a show like the rest of the girls to get his attention. The end of the book made me smile and I was very happy with the ending.
This was a quick read and very cute. Glad that I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Date.

04/14/2012 page 9