Jessica's Reviews > Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Aug 26, 08

bookshelves: vs-book-club
Read in September, 2008

I found this book difficult to read because the author is very biased. There was a lot of unnecessary tangental information regarding the "American Liberal Media" and Islam. The author may have believed this information to be necessary, but in my mind it made his story less credible. He made a lot of crucial claims without backing up his information with hard evidence. I also found it difficult to see how his military experiences helped him to grow or improve himself as better citizen and representative of the United States. In fact, many of the hasty generalizations made support reasons why I think the United States is losing popularity in the global scheme of things: the author's tone painted him as an ethnocentric victim of "lesser men" who believes that the world owes him something. I also found that many of the author's actions may have contributed to the deadliness of his situation and the unnecessary deaths of many of his comrades. I can't say that I would recommend this book to anyone due to the author's biased/bigoted opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Survivor.