Rebekka Steg's Reviews > Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, 2012, psychology, memoir
Read from April 10 to 15, 2012

Moonwalking With Einstein is non-fiction and as the second part of the title explains, it is the art and science of remembering everything. Well, not quite everything. The author attended the US Memory Championship one year, as a journalist, but ended up being so fascinated by the mental athletes that competed, that he started studying the history, art and science of memory, trained and went back to compete - and win, the US Memory Championship the next year.

I found it really interesting to learn about memory, how our perception of the use of memory has changed over the past couple of thousand years, how we can improve it - at least for certain things such as remembering a deck of cards, and what happens when we lose it.

Furthermore, I absolutely love Joshua Foer's writing style, it's interesting, easy to read and very entertaining. (His brother's writing style is also one of the main reasons why I love his books so much).

I definitely recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonwalking with Einstein.