Michelle's Reviews > The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 1

The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 1 by Gail Carriger

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, steampunk
Read from April 14 to 22, 2012

This is my new favorite series (besides Harry Potter, of course). It's hilarious, charming and Alexia Tarabotti is the best female character I've ever known! Set in Victorian London, this steampunk world is incorporating the supernaturals into every day (or night) London society. Hilarity ensues as Alexia, a spinster, becomes the center of all that is to-do in society - with her ever-present parasol!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Parasol Protectorate, Volume 1.

04/14/2012 page 76
10.0% "It's slow going because of end of semester work, but I am loving this book! It's so refreshing to have an adult-level, comedic novel about supernaturals. Absolutely brilliant!" 1 comment
04/15/2012 page 237
32.0% "Finished the first section of this book and oh. my. gosh. It's amazing! I am so in love with Lord Maccon and the society I've found myself immersed in. Miss Alexia Tarabotti is the best female character I've read since Hermione Granger."
04/20/2012 page 479
65.0% "Just finished the second book. It was marvelous! I was guessing at what would happen next the whole time - and a HUGE shock at the end. I can't put this book down!"
04/21/2012 page 645
88.0% "Almost done! I'm sad, though, I don't want it to be over! :("
show 2 hidden updates…