Jo's Reviews > Summer in the South

Summer in the South by Cathy Holton

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: fiction, from-library, southern-lit, southernlitgroupread, finished-2012, all-time-favorites
Read in July, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer in the South.

07/06/2012 page 175
51.0% "Such a fun read so far!!!"
07/09/2012 page 322
95.0% "So don't want this to end but must find out how it ends!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Is this a mystery, too?

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Yes and no, not in the traditional sense or I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much lol!

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura hm...ok, I've added it. lol. But I do love a good mystery. Would you call it suspense?

message 4: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I kept wanting to see what would happen next and how it would end, so I guess you could say it was suspenseful for me but again, I'm not sure you could call it a suspense novel in the traditional sense. It's a great Southern fiction novel in which a gal from the North finds herself in the South to write her first novel and becomes obsessed with an aspect of her friends family history they'd rather she not bring up or look into.

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I'm calling it suspense, may cause me to read it sooner lol. Does sound interesting.

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo To each her own :o)

message 7: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I don't abide "tradition". Suspense serves my purpose, and I'll always be able to see your review when i decide to read it. :)