Saly's Reviews > Luck Of The Draw

Luck Of The Draw by Candace Schuler

3192922
I enjoyed this book, both the hero and heroine had been thrown together due to circumstances. The heroine is a nurse with a sick infant and no job prospects, as a child she and her mother were abandoned by her father and grew up on welfare and she doesn't want that life for her baby, so on her friend's urgings she answers an ad as a last resort.

The hero is rodeo champion who is now left with three orphaned nieces and a social worker who won't stop hounding them. He knows he needs to get married but he hasn't found a woman yet, he wants the love his parents and brother had so he is not happy to hear that his friend Gus posted an ad on his behalf, pouring his whole story and that a woman and her baby is on the way to his ranch.

I found the fears Eve had quite believable after all she was marrying a man she didn't know and her track record with men hadn't been good so she didn't want to be a responsibility and she didn't like charming men, which the hero seemed to be. They get married and she likes his nieces and is ready to do her "wifely" duty but he doesn't want duty since he can see her hesitation and is willing to wait.

I liked how Travis was so patient with her and great with her son. Eve was a bit more wary about life but he won her over. I especially liked it when she told the social worker off.

An enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck Of The Draw.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Sounds good Saly

Saly AgentScully wrote: "Sounds good Saly"

It is but not as good as her Hollywood Trilogy which I adore.

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully I'll have to look that up then. I've never read this author.