Shawna's Reviews > Blood Memory

Blood Memory by Greg Iles

Sep 20, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Read in September, 2008

Everything about this book makes me think that Greg Iles is too good to be true. He did everything against the rules--a male writing from a female character's point of view, making the main character so incredibly flawed that it blows your mind, having a supporting character that accepts those flaws without question. He was able to blend the touchy subjects of sexual abuse, race relations, and economic class differences into one hell of a whirlwind ride. This was the first Greg Iles book I've read, and it definitely won't be the last. I was so involved in this book, and to me involvement = good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Memory.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Okay, you've convinced me because I completely agree that any book that sucks you in is a good book, even if you ultimately don't enjoy it. That may be logically flawed but it's been experentially true in my reading life.

Kona If you liked this one you need to read Dead Sleep. Of all his books, this is my absolute favorite!

Theresa Shawna- Your review is dead on! This book was also my intro to Greg's writing (which is amazing) and my favorite by him. I have read this several times and thinking of re-reading again soon. His new Penn Cage book is out and I can't wait to read that as well.