Kbrebes's Reviews > Defenders of the Covenant

Defenders of the Covenant by Angie Lofthouse

U_50x66
Apr 21, 12

Read from April 13 to 15, 2012

As a fan of Angie’s short stories, I immediately knew I wanted to read her first published novel, and I wasn’t disappointed—I loved it!

Like her short works, Angie has written Defenders of the Covenant with clarity, demonstrating her understanding of the principles of writing, including but not limited to: plot, character arc, action, setting, emotion, and grammar. Because of her mad skills, my eyes flowed over the words and ate them up.

Defenders of the Covenant is an easy book to recommend because of its interesting, fast-paced read. Despite my many commitments, I read it in just under two days. During that busy period, I constantly kept looking for ways to get it into my hands because I fell in love with the characters, to the point of missing them.

The LDS aspect was another huge draw for me. Since I believe in prophecy and revelation in my own life, and in the lives of those around me, it’s only natural that I would cherish a book that examines the hand of the Lord in the lives of His faithful—yet fictional—children, during the worst of times; in this case, an alien invasion. The faith of Angie’s characters often touched my heart and brought forth raw emotion. I’m definitely looking forward to her next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defenders of the Covenant.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna Weaver This one's on my to-read list. And hearing such great reviews about it just makes it more so.