Kayla Eklund's Reviews > Give Death a Chance

Apr 13, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: netgalley-and-edelweiss, reviews-completed, zombies
Read on April 18, 2012

Give Death a Chance is a short book about The Beatles being zombies and a ninja. I thought the book left many things to be desired. When reading the synopsis, I thought it was going to be interesting and funny. It had a couple of funny points, such as when The Beatles face off against Lady Gaga. For the most part, it was horribly written.It gets confusing at times because most of the language used is British slang. In fact, about sixty percent of the book is very vulgar British slang, along with quite a few f words and c words thrown into the mix. The plot doesn't make much sense either. The zombie Beatles want to take over America by doing stupid things, such as traveling places and not playing shows, or eating fans and interrogating famous artists. At first, they reject the Scribe's common sense idea, which they have to eventually do at the end of the book anyways, and it's almost too easy. There's not an epic ending battle or anything like that. The person just gives them what they want. I almost want the time back that it took me to read this book, which was about an hour. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Give Death a Chance.