Jennifer's Reviews > Time of My Life

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

1207052
Apr 18, 12

Read from April 13 to 16, 2012

Liked it a lot, wasn't in love with it. I did love the premise though. A woman with a seemingly perfect life is basically your bored rich housewife, and her marriage has grown stale. She fantasizes about her past boyfriend, Jackson, only to be inexplicably transported back 7 years to her "old" life with Jackson, where she stays for months. She relives many old moments but is also able to change the course of destiny in others.

The main theme that resonates throughout this book is "what if?", and it's an interesting one to ponder. I think we have all, at some point, wondered what our lives would have been like had we not chosen our current paths. While reading about Jill being plopped back into her past, I really felt scared for her! She has her old boyfriend, old apartment, old job--and she was panicking at the thought that she left her toddler back in the future.

The main reason I didn't rate this book higher is that it seemed somewhat repetitive to me. There was a lot of self-reflection, which of course is the point of the journey she's on, but a lot of times it seemed to go on too long and repeat itself a lot. "Maybe it wasn't him who needed to change, but me?" type of stuff.

Interesting subject, good writing and characters, but just not super riveting. Still, a quick and entertaining read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of My Life.