Kelly's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

May 05, 12

Recommended for: romance lovers who like scorching hot sex scenes
Read from April 28 to May 04, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: one so far...

LOVED IT!!! And yes I am using SHOUTY CAPITALS because I truly did loved the hell out of it. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a series this much. Sooo much happened during the course of book two. I can't wait to start book three.

I was going to wait until I finished "Freed" to thanks E L James for writing this series. Doesn't matter to me that it was inspired by Twilight. So what? I've read alot of comments and reviews that dismiss the series solely on that fact. She liked Twilight and it gave her a wonderful idea for a series of her own. I think that's great.

One more thing. This is not a series about BDSM at all. It's about two people finding each other and falling madly in love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

Quotes Kelly Liked

E.L. James
“But I'm a selfish man. I've wanted you since you fell into my office. You are exquisite, honest, warm, strong, witty, beguilingly innocent; the list is endless. I'm in awe of you. I want you, and the thought of anyone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

04/29/2012 page 138
26.0% "I just can't get enough of Mr. Grey and Miss Steele. Things are getting very interesting now. Ana has gotten her first peek at Mrs. Robinson or Mrs. Pedo as Ana likes to call her! An ex-sub may be stalking Ana or Christian. And the sex is still hot as hell!!!" 3 comments
05/02/2012 page 337
63.0% "The sex, the drama, the sex, Christian,the sex, Ana, THE SEX!!!! OMG THE SEX is F@$&*%! HOT HOT HOT!!!!! Oh,and the book itself is really good, too. ;)" 3 comments
05/05/2012 "Finished last night. Liked it even more than the first one. Just when you think things are going perfectly for Ana and Christian, the last few pages let you know things are certainly far from it. Don't want to say more and ruin it for those who haven't read it yet. Can't wait to start the third (and final) book. The housework will just have to wait. Who needs clean clothes, right?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Lots of things inspire an author to write, and I agree...so what! Like I said before, it's what they do with those characters and how the story develops that makes the difference. I enjoyed the first book, but I got somewhat tired of Ana and Christian's tug-o-war relationship which made me put the book on hold. It could also have to do with my frame of mind when reading this book, and my heart just wasn't in to it. Someday I will finish!
Anyhoo...well said Kelly!!! It's what you get out of the book that's important, because you're the one who's reading it!

Kelly Thanks, Karla. Someone agrees with me about this book. How refreshing!

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Great review Kelly. I agree with what you say about BDSM - in fact I think BDSM comes off as the bad guy in this one.

Kelly Thanks, Becs. Someone else agrees with me. How sweet:)