Ashley's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Megan Hart

Apr 13, 2012

Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

Broken was an emotional roller coaster of a read. The story is about Sadie who meets up every first of the month with a man named Joe. He tells her erotic stories of his many hookups. The author does a wonderful job bringing in sharing his stories by making it seem that it's actually happening rather then him just re-telling a story. The rather sad and very emotional part of the book was when Sadie is not hearing stories from Joe or working she is home with her husband who is paralyzed from the neck down from a skiing accident that happened four years ago. She loves her husband very much and does not physically cheated on him; however, she still meets Joe for their once a month chat. One of the things I enjoyed about the story was how realistic the problems of a marriage between two people when one because handicap. They had so many ups and downs that brought the story to life and had me grabbing for some tissues. Overall I happy with the story, I wish the epilogue would have been a little more forthcoming of an ending but it left me smiling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.