Rod's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

Apr 13, 2012

bookshelves: comedy, religious-crap-section
Read in April, 2012

Now this was fun. Christopher Moore really did his homework on this one. As a very fundamental Christian theologian I was prepared to read a butchering of the life of Jesus and all Biblically related history. Instead we get an incredibly funny "WHAT IF?" scenario involving Jesus' life and companions.
Jesus (Joshua) probably never got involved in the chaos and shenanigans mentioned in this story. And i'm very sure he never pursued the three WISE GUYS to find out the meaning for his existence. But Christopher sure helps us think outside the box on all these issues.
I didn't appreciate Joshua using the F-word...Or the Son of God not knowing he was Divine...or the Disciples being total retards. When Moore stands before God and gives account of himself (and this story) I want to be there. Mostly to see if God has a sense of humor - or the Apostles for that matter. What are the odds that Christopher Moore will say something hilarious?! He'll probably end up wetting himself. Either way - I'll have a laugh. :D

The only real problem would be if someone was dumb enough to actually believe this account is true (Like what happened with Dan Brown and The Da Vinci Code).
After all this i'm surprised the author never found the truth he so closely researched. But he's NOT dead yet.

Maybe he'll write a hilarious account of Moses or David next?! Oh yeah, if you're an easily offended uptight Christian: Don't read this book. But then again...maybe it will help.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.

04/02/2016 marked as: read