Babs's Reviews > A Fatal Waltz

A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: mystery, mystery-historical
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

I am thoroughly enjoying this series. I love the feisty, independent heroine, Lady Emily Ashton, ahead of her time in the Victorian age, and her oh so “perfect” man, Colin Hargreaves, who is apparently some type of “secret agent” for the Queen (Victoria). Far-fetched; sure – outlandish; maybe. I don’t care. I really am engrossed in this series and am still looking forward to the next book.

I was a bit distressed in this book to find that Colin had an earlier passion and love, other than Lady Emily. I guess it’s to be expected. Both Colin and Emily, while still young, are no longer in the first bloom of young adulthood and both are old enough to have histories. Lady Emily’s is known from the first book. Colin’s past was a bit of a surprise in this book, but really, it probably shouldn’t have been. I guess I am enough of a romantic that I wanted Lady Emily to be Colin’s only one true love.

It didn’t detract from my enjoyment, however; it just put a little bit of angst in another lovely story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fatal Waltz.