Kim's Reviews > Bonds of Fenris

Bonds of Fenris by S.J. Bell

Apr 29, 2012

Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

Bonds of Fenris is an excellent story to show readers what might be going on in a human’s head as they change into a werewolf. I knew it was a sort of growing up story and I naturally assumed it was about Talia growing up, but every character had their chance to grow. I liked all of the characters a lot. They showed great depth and strength. Pierce annoyed me though. He took some getting used to. I liked the concept of Bonds of Fenris very much. There are a lot of books about shifters out, but I haven’t seen too many go into detail about how a new wolf might feel after being infected. This book does a great job with getting you into that mindset. The fear and the confusion. I saw the ending coming though. It wasn’t something I figured out from the first chapter, but a few pages before the big shock thing is revealed I knew what was going on. I do indeed recommend you checking this book out if you want a good read from the POV of someone who doesn’t like to be a wolf. In a lot of shifter books I’ve read, the main characters feel at home in their wolf skin, but no one in this pack was like that. It was a nice change from the rest of the shifter books out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonds of Fenris.