Becky's Reviews > Off Season

Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons

Aug 25, 08

Read in August, 2008

Wow, what a story!

There was a time very early in my marriage that I couldn't even fathom a world without Brad. He's my true North, and I would feel lost and anxious whenever separated too long. It has taken a lifetime of marriage to understand these deep, precious feelings. Some might call it love, but I think it is something so much deeper, a sentient far more complicated.

These feelings, the lifetime of Lilly Constable, that are explored by Siddons in this tender, passionate tale about growing up, experiencing loss, finding love and then losing everything once again.

Trying to make sense of her future, Lilly returns "home" to sort out the past and her memories. Off Season is a story about simple truths that often elude us, even when they are right before our eyes - often our hearts know the truth and within these hidden places, we are most surprised.

HOWEVER, why such a cheap ending to such a beautiful story? **SPOILER**Why can't man be faithful, loving and a true North for the woman who really loves him? Why can't fidelity sell a book?
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Season.