Lisa Kay's Reviews > Explosive Eighteen

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

[image error]

★★★½✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Lorelei King does her usual wonderful job giving us Stephanie Plum’s first person POV. I have to be careful or I’m going to associate her voice as only Stephanie’s and she won’t work for me when narrating any other book. Of course, she does a superb Lulu, a funny Grandma Mazur, a sexy Ranger (though most of his dialogue is "Babe" in this one) and a yummy Morelli.

I heard an interview a while ago where Ms. Evanovich said she purposely has no growth planned for Stephanie, which a lot of readers have been wondering (view spoiler) about. She explained that she is going to stick with what works. I’m fine with that; nevertheless, I was only mildly amused with this one.

This is one of the few series where, after setting it aside for years, I have ultimately accepted the love triangle that is woven within. I couldn’t wait to find out who Stephanie took to Hawaii and needed something light, so I downloaded this from the library when I didn’t have it built into any of my challenges this month. The info on what happened in Hawaii was a little disappointing. . . I guess it says something that I'm worried one of the three of them (Morelli, Ranger, or Stephanie) is going to get hurt. Still, it gets better. And, Lulu made me laugh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Explosive Eighteen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tori Lisa, I have read where Janet has said that about keeping things with how they work, too. She compared it to comic books. I don't agree with it, but I guess as long as she makes money, she doesn't care.

Lisa Kay Really. She's laughing all the way to the bank. Tori, did you see the movie of One For The Money?