Pixie's Reviews > The Mayfair Moon

The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: indies
Read from April 13 to 20, 2012

It’s easy to sum up The Mayfair Moon. Twilight without the vampires. Instead, it’s just werewolves.
Have I also ever mentioned that I don’t like Twilight? No? Well, I don’t. Not a fan at all. So for me to get into The Mayfair Moon, which not only had Twilight qualities, but had werewolves to add--oh yeah, I’ve never been a big werewolf fan either--was refreshing and surprising. There was something about it that hooked me from the start and kept me turning the pages, and that’s certainly good. Maybe I can finally find my way into liking the wolfy beings. Or at least more often now.

This isn’t a slow read. I liked that best. There was always action going on with details that allowed easy visuals. The characters are quickly developed with unique personalities, and the narrative is spunky and fresh. I had some minor nitpicks though, I admit. I’ve seen a lot of people swooning over Isaac. Sadly, I didn’t. Nothing personal. He ticked me off on several occasions to be honest as did Adria. I’ve never been a fan of insta-love to begin with, and I just felt that immediately when she met him. Before she even knew a thing about Isaac, she was claiming strange “feelings” by his hunky looks alone. That just aggravates me personally. Get to know the guy first. Sure, he’s hot, okay…but don’t get your pants in a wad when he’s hanging on a girl and barely knows you exist yet. Get what I’m saying? That was my slight annoyance with the characters. They finally grew on me toward the end, but it’s still a couple I’ll have to watch grow more in the future. Though I did really like the overall development of the story and the action. Alexandra was my favorite surprisingly. Her development from the change was fantastic and spot-on. Complete 180 and it showed exceptionally well through the events.

I really look forward to seeing where this all goes from here. Werewolves, action, romance. Definitely recommend it if you’re looking for something along these lines. And of course, WAY better than Twilight like I said. Ha.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mayfair Moon.

04/16/2012 page 155