Edenmary Black's Reviews > Blind Veil

Blind Veil by Michael Lorde

Apr 15, 12

Read from April 13 to 15, 2012

BLIND VEIL by Michael Lorde is a twisted treat, beginning with Emmet Simms’ desperate actions following a heinous crime committed on his property. Emmet, a black man who owned land at a time when it was uncommon, fears repercussions, but it’s his nephew Lamont, whose life spins out of control, years later.

Held captive by a highly intelligent conspiracy theorist, Lamont, a tough NYC cop, is presented with a wild tale that has a surprisingly believable feel. What happens next plunges him deeper and deeper into worlds that he saw as a cop. Now, he finds himself looking for answers to many questions and crossing lines he once considered indestructible.

BLIND VEIL is a fast, engaging read that suspense and science fiction lovers will find irresistible. The book is a shocker as well as the beginning of a series. It’s a hot start and readers will undoubtedly be waiting for more of the dark, amazing world Lorde is bringing to life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Veil.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

M.E. Lorde I am so glad you enjoyed this book, Edenmary, and thank you for posting your wonderful review. I'll let you know when the second book is due for release later this year. Have a great week!

Edenmary Black My pleasure. It's a great read! Yes, please do let me know when the second book's available. Be well.
E.