Colleen's Reviews > Dangerous Lord Darrington

Dangerous Lord Darrington by Sarah Mallory

Apr 13, 12

Read in April, 2012

First, before I start, let me say this:
THE BLURB ONLY COVERS THE FIRST THIRD OF THE BOOK.
So if you're looking for a plot along the lines of her sleeping with him for the entire book fretting about whether he loves her and what have you, you won't find it here. If you're not, you may well get your Regency fix in this story.

I'm not quite sure why I didn't like this book, so don't take my two stars to heart or as sure undeniable proof that it is rubbish.

The build up to the secret was good - so good, in fact, that I was disappointed when it was revealed - and from there on I just found myself less and less interested in turning the pages.
Her response to Lord Darrington finding out the secret was extreme to say the least but then we were past that and the story took a turn that I hadn't expected until the discovery of said secret.
It forced (or so the author would have you believe) Lord Darrington to accompany Beth to London to achieve X goal (I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum) and during the course of their time together, they fall in love.
Maybe it was the characters, perhaps it was the plot, or maybe it was just me... but I couldn't connect with this book past the first 96 pages or so.
It became a chore to finish.
Judging by the score it has so far received, other people might better like this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous Lord Darrington.